May 12, 2010 By 2 Comments
This is a wonderful and inexpensive family meal that everyone will love!
1 lb. ground beef
1- 6 oz. can tomato paste
1-15 oz. can kidney beans
2 garlic cloves
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chili powder
Salt and Pepper
1 hot pepper
2 cups uncooked rotini pasta
1-2 cups shredded cheese
4 corn cobs
1. In large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain and return to skillet.
2. Add tomato paste plus 2 cans worth of water to the ground beef. Stir until paste becomes tomato-y sauce. Add drained and rinsed beans. Add crushed garlic, ground cumin, onion powder, chili powder and salt/pepper. Add finely chopped hot pepper for some extra kick! Stir through and let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add 2 cups uncooked pasta with 2 cups of water to the meat mixture. Cover and cook over medium high heat for 10-12 minutes, or until pasta has cooked through. Stir a few times while pasta is cooking.
4. Once the pasta has cooked through, top with 1-2 cups shredded cheese and reduce heat to low and cover to let cheese melt.
5. Boil corn in large saucepan for 4-5 minutes, or microwave in microwavable dish covered with plastic wrap for 2-2.5 minutes per ear.
6. Serve Taco Pasta with Corn on the Cob!
Recipe from $5 Dinners