Regardless of where you live, container gardening can and should be part of your lifestyle! Why? Here’s a few good reasons!
1. Container gardening is easy! Organic, fresh food that’s easy shouldn’t need a reason to be grown! When food is right outside your back door, window or fire escape, you will find fewer excuses for not eating your fruits and veggies!
2. Container gardening is hot! You don’t have to worry about looking “weird” anymore, you’ll find that lots of folks are into container gardening and producing their own food!
3. Container gardening allows you to extend the growing season! By bringing your potted plants indoors when the weather begins to turn cold, you can continue to grow beyond your local growing season!
4. Container gardening is less work! You’ll do very little weeding or digging, but you’ll do LOTS of clipping of fresh food to eat!
5. Container gardening requires less watering! By making simple “self-watering” containers, the plants will decide how much water they need and take care of themselves.
6. You can container garden in virtually any container! Re-purposing old pots, 2-liter pop bottles and other plastic containers will keep your container garden budget close to zero! (Be sure to drill holes in the bottom for drainage).
7. You should container garden because The Morristribe is giving away “The Vegetable Gardener’s Container Bible” to get you started!!